Friday, February 12, 2016

A poem to Tim Grant - for Coldplay to perform (that'd be awesome)

Dear Coldplay,
My daughter, Nina, is your huge fan. Once in everyone's lifetime there's a moment that opens one's door to something bigger, something other than the immediate reality, something that inspires and moves. Moves the soul, moves you to positive action. That song, by which my daughter discovered you was Clocks. Several years forward and she is still in love with you. Nina recently showed me your video - Adventure of a Lifetime - and I loved it (go Dad!). That song transported me to my days of childhood - the days of uncomplicated happiness. I loved the lyrics too.
I wrote a short poem for Tim Grant (the main character of Ci is for Cireelia - The Journey Yet Unknown) and if you'd like please take it, modify it and use it if you wish. It's yours to perform. Just to hear you live in concert on July 16th will be awesome!

Tims's Dream by Arthur Areyan

In a tiny room, full of gray
A boy's dream was his only way
To escape crushing walls
Filled with silent Ether

The boy, well he said:
Imagine the time
Imagine the place
When everything bright
And everything great
Was in your open hand

The world without hate
The world filled with love
Made by you
Made by me
For you
For me

This time is now, I say
This place is here
Your love for me is
My love for you
It's in you
It's in me

The boy's mind soared
Above the roofs, above the clouds
And to the stars
His mind's drive roared
To claim that dream
For you
For me


***********************

No comments:

Post a Comment